Pages


Tuesday 14 December 2010

Two nominations for Salem in the Swedish Grammis!

Salem has been nominated in two categories at the Grammis 2011 which takes place on 17th January: Årets manliga artist and Årets låt.

Full list of nominees at http://www.expressen.se/noje/1.2253718/de-kan-vinna-grammis-2011

EDITORIAL:

Please note that the following views do not reflect those of Salem, his management, record company or anyone else connected with him - but are purely my own, as editor of Planet Salem.

Whilst I'm happy about his two nominations, I also want to say that I am very, very disappointed that the jury has overlooked Salem in five other categories - for album, artist, composer, lyricist and producer, where he deserved the recognition for his musical output over the past 12 months.

I know there is such a high standard of music coming out of Sweden....and of course I am a fan of many of the acts nominated, including Oskar Linnros, Daniel Adams-Ray, Robyn and Kent, all of whom deserve their nominations.

What do you think? I'd love to hear your views, so post your comments here.

No comments: