Pages


Monday 20 July 2009

Swedish Charts Update

I haven't had one of these for a while as the Swedish singles and albums charts have sadly been a Salem-free zone for too long :(

I thought I'd check out the Swedish iTunes charts tonight and found that "Astronaut" is no.33 and "Good Song" is no.39 in the singles chart, of course these were the two songs he performed on "Grattis Kronprinsessan" which was Swedish television's highest-rated TV programme of the week, with over 1 million viewers.

I get the feeling that there are still many people in Salem's home country who aren't very familiar with his music, so his appearance on this show will have provided him with very valuable exposure to the Swedish audience - and of course to those outside Sweden who watched the show on the internet.

(No sign of "Roxy" though : did it ever get an official release date in Sweden or has it still to be released as a single? I know Salem has an iTunes link for the song on his MySpace but I don't know if it will be download-only or will it also be available as a CD single?)

More good news: "Astronaut" currently sits at no.14 in Sweden's iTunes album chart.

No comments: