Pages


Tuesday 21 October 2008

"It's Only You (Part II)" out soon?

I'm a bit late bringing this, but have just checked out EMI Norway's site - yes, Norway, not Sweden - which says that "It's Only You (Part II)" will be released digitally on 27.10.08 and the EP of the same name will be out on 03.11.08.

There is no news about this either at Salem's official site (recently updated with info about Berwaldhallen), or at his MySpace, or indeed at EMI Sweden which hasn't even updated their page since "This Is Who I Am" was released.

Am I breaking some news here? Does anyone know anything about this? I'm getting really excited now!!

EDIT: Also the EMI Norway page said (according to a translation site) something about "It's Only You" (and not "Dream Girl" as I previously posted here) being in a Volvo commercial. Maybe that would be a good way to get his music noticed internationally. I wonder if that commercial will only be screened in Norway or will it go international?

The combination of contemporary music with an orchestra can be amazing. It worked for Metallica and the Scorpions in the past. The more I think about the three-concert Berwaldhallen residency, the more wonderful it sounds. Salem backed by the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra: he has the talent, the ability and the vision to make it work. And no, before you ask, I can't get over to Sweden to see it for myself but it will be broadcast on P4 so I'll definitely be listening in.

I think one of the classical concerts would be a great idea for a live DVD - how about it Salem?

No comments: