Pages


Sunday 13 July 2008

Two gigs, two countries, in twenty-four hours.

Salem was back on stage this week - in two countries.

Friday 11.07.08 saw his appearance at the Trænafestival in the north of Norway, and 24 hours later he was closing the 'Musikveckan' in Krapperup in Sweden.

Helsingborgs Dagblad (www.hd.se) has a feature and a couple of photos from the gig, but I haven't been able to find anything else yet. Salem still looked good considering he hadn't had any sleep for 24 hours....!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice blog which I've just found out, while I enjoy Salem' music for a year and a half, since a trip to Sweden in january 2007.

I live in France where, as everywhere else except Scandinavia, Salem's album still hasn't been released yet, for no obvious reason, as you said.

By the way, the picture you posted on december 3rd 2007, from the gig at Rival, was taken by... me, actually :)

blog65 said...

I was at Krapperup... and it was a great performance! According to Salem, it was his longest one so far (90 minutes plus a break). Salem and his band played at least three new songs plus "Black Sun, Black Moon", and he claimed that all were "tests" on the audience for the next record.

I did not write the names down (which Salem did not mention anyway), but the audience was so enthusiastic that we even sang along in some parts of the new songs (where one was a seven beat song with the lyrics "Seven steps ahead")!

So now I'm waiting for the new album...

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Benoît: glad you're enjoying the blog, and keep spreading the word in France! Sorry for using the picture without asking, but I was just so excited about seeing it at that time that I had to post it!

blog65: thanks for the info about Krapperup, sounded like a great gig. I'm already excited about the new songs, they must be really catchy if the audience is singing along already. I can't wait for the new album, and I hope he doesn't keep us waiting too long.