Pages


Sunday 6 July 2008

"It's True" on (yet another) Ibiza compilation

No, I haven't gone away - there's just not been any news about Salem in the last couple of weeks but this should change soon as he's got a couple of live appearances coming up this week, notably on Friday 11th July at the Trænafestival which takes place on a small island off the coast of northern Norway and has to be the most unique festival location I've ever seen!

I get a major kick out of going into a record shop and seeing Salem's name in the tracklisting. Last year the brilliant Axwell and Ingrosso remix of "It's True" appeared on almost every dance album around - and there's still no stopping this track as it's now on "Azuli Presents Ibiza 08". This time it's the Roog and Prom remix, which I don't like as much as the original.

One year on I'm still wondering why this track never really got a full single release in the UK - it should have been the follow-up to Axwell's "I Found U" and I'm sure it would have been a massive hit. Maybe it needs another summer of word-of-mouth promotion on the dancefloors?

No comments: