Pages


Sunday 17 February 2008

"This Is Who I Am" revisited - tracks 10 to 12

10. "It's True" (3.24)
Here in its original version with its blissful twinkling piano hookline. There is an incredible optimism running all through this album - if you're looking for sad songs, then look elsewhere. The lyrics say it all....

The grass is greener on the other side/I told some people now they know it/Forget your old lawn, come over to mine/Take your first step and you will get there in time/It's true, life will smile for you.

Reinvented last summer for the dancefloor by Axwell and Ingrosso of course: that, too, is sheer bliss.

11. Magic Night (3.11)
Initially I thought the album could have done without this instrumental, reminiscent of 70s party night at the working men’s club. However, over the past few months it has grown on me in a strange way. Fast, lunatic and completely manic. Played live, I would imagine that this crosses over to another place.

12. Baroon (0.52)
I still find this an unnecessary instrumental interlude, although accept that it has to exist as a chilled-out comedown from the manic "Magic Night". Doesn’t really go anywhere and like "Jussi" I haven’t really revised my opinion of it.

Coming soon: tracks 13 to 15.

No comments: