Pages


Tuesday 10 November 2009

Fernando spreads the word about Salem in the USA!

Occasionally I feature some other musicians on this blog who are connected in some way to Salem. This time I thought I'd mention one of Planet Salem's readers, who also happens to be a multi-talented singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from the USA. Fernando Perdomo's band Dreaming In Stereo recently released their album of the same name and it is full of deliciously melodic songs which they describe as 'progressive pop' and which I think would appeal to fans of Salem's music, with its combination of retro and contemporary influences.

Anyway, Fernando has been in touch to let me know that he has been spreading the Salem love in the USA. Fernando has been interviewed by Keyboard Magazine, which is America's number one magazine for keyboard players.

The interview is at : http://keyboardmag.com/story.aspx?id=102523&terms=perdomo

I particular like this little part of the questionnaire...

Favorite artist we’ve probably never heard of: Salem Al Fakir of Sweden, who is like Todd Rundgren meets Stevie Wonder meets Prince.

A wonderful description don't you agree?

No comments: