Pages


Thursday 9 July 2009

It's only you I think about

There will be a new version of the Volvo XC60 car this year, which means a new commercial, which means...the world will get to hear "It's Only You Part II" all over again!!

I hope this will be screened on British TV as the last one wasn't really on too often, although I think it was shown quite extensively in the U.S.A. and other parts of the world judging by the number of visitors who have found their way to Planet Salem (and of course, to discovering the rest of Salem's music) thanks to this commercial.

So if you are one of those people then thanks for visiting this blog: we need to keep spreading the word, all over the world, about Salem's brilliant music!

EDIT 10.08.2009: I was watching television tonight and a commercial came on for the Volvo XC60 - but it's a new one specially made for the UK market, which sadly does not feature "It's Only You Part II" but another piece of music entirely. Another missed opportunity :(

2 comments:

Chicken dippers live in trees and you know it said...

:D the amount of times I used to wait for that advert to come on and when it did it was like a jolt of the heart and...TA-DAAAAA!!! happy days...

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Aah, happy happy days indeed, even though I only saw it a couple of times on TV.

If that ad is going to be on British telly again then I hope it gets a lot more airplay on both the terrestrial and satellite channels - with "It's Only You (Part II)" on almost every ad break - well I can dream can't I!!

I wonder if there will be any Volvo ads on the radio? They ran one on my local radio station for a week last autumn (which just played the instrumental part of the song) and every time it came on the radio at work I would excitedly shout out "There's Salem!" and my colleagues would just look at me as if I was mad :D

Nice to hear from you again by the way :)