Pages


Friday 10 April 2009

Swedish Charts Update: I'm not happy.

What's gone wrong? I was over at Sverige Topplistan for my usual Friday check on the singles and album charts, only to discover that after only a couple of weeks in the album chart, "Astronaut" has now completely dropped out of the list. I know that it's a particularly strong time at the moment for new Swedish album releases - but I can't understand why the album has not done well, especially as it has been so long awaited and has been well-received by the critics. (Especially as it is a fantastic album: I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan, but because I genuinely believe that it is).

Salem does have a devoted and loyal fanbase who still buy his records and go to his concerts, but where has everyone else gone?

As a fan who lives outside Sweden, I can't really understand this! Maybe some of my Swedish readers could explain why this has happened?

No comments: