Pages


Tuesday 10 March 2009

This is something bigger you can't live without

If you signed up to Opendisc you will have received an unexpected musical gift today in your inbox: a nice little video and a couple of songs from Salem: "Astronaut" and "The Others" (a.k.a. "One of the Others").

(I like the way he has recorded the video message in his kitchen: it's like another little "Kitchen Session" isn't it!!)

If you heard Salem's Berwaldhallen concert on Swedish Radio on 1 January you will have heard "One of the Others" and you will also have realised just how fantastic it is. The first time I heard it I was so moved by the melody and the arrangement.

I had that same feeling tonight, hearing the recorded version for the first time. I felt so emotional that my eyes were almost filling up with tears of happiness. Lyrically clever and musically upbeat, this song is just so fabulous I can't put it into words. (So I won't even try).

If you haven't signed up to Salem's Opendisc it's still not too late. All you have to do is pop your "This Is Who I Am" CD into your computer whilst you're connected to the internet, follow the Opendisc links and sign up.

No comments: