Pages


Friday 27 March 2009

My Gothenburg countdown: three weeks to go!!!

Three weeks from today I will be getting on a plane and flying all the way over to Gothenburg and then three weeks from tomorrow I will be going to Salem's concert at Trädgår'n on 18th April.

I don't want to bore you all about this as I know you visit this site to read about Salem and not about me, but you know how much this means to me and I'm so excited about seeing him play live.

I've been talking to my friends about Planet Salem and my forthcoming trip and they seem quite fascinated by it all. Some of them have asked me if I will get to meet Salem.

I told them that of course I would love to meet Salem, but it would be his decision if he wanted to meet the person who runs his international fansite..!

Anyway this brings me to a reminder about something which I missed earlier. There is a competition at http://www.salemalfakir.com/tavling/ which Swedish fans can enter and win tickets for one of Salem's concerts in April and also get the opportunity to meet him. The closing date for the competition is 29th March.

Maybe Salem could invent a competition for me to win so that I could meet him!!! :)

3 comments:

darkfairy said...

hahaha I know Salem really does have to start looking out for us fans in the UK we could be starting our lil thing *(the little thing I've been wanting to talk to you about L) for goodness sake ands it will be wicked I am excited about it already and we don't even know if we might even be doing it yet bzzzzzzzzzzz=Xtreme Xcitedness hahaha anyway I will e-mail you in a min

darkfairy

P.S. Salem, if you do read this:

YOU ARE AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG like starlight or northern lights or auroras actually all three!!!! LY!!!!!!!!!

Marty said...

Hi EuropeCrazy,

I want to congratulate you on making this trip happen. I know you must be excited, I hope Salem grants your wish and gives you an opportunity to meet him. I have not purchased his CD yet because I have to buy it as an import. The sites in Sweden don't ship to the US. I found one site called CD Wow but I am not familiar with them so I put off ordering for now. Reviews are mixed on their service quality. I live in the New Orleans area so I know some of our music stores carry imports here. I will check them out first. Anyway, I wish you the best on your trip.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Darkfairy - always xtreme xcitedness!!

Marty - lovely to hear from you again. I didn't realise those Swedish sites didn't ship to the USA, I'm very sad about that as I think there are many people in the USA who would like to buy Salem's album but can't at the moment, I guess we don't realise how lucky we are over this side of the Atlantic. Anyway I hope you're able to get it as an import.

I used to order from CD Wow but I had read a lot of negative reviews, a lot of people had ordered from them but hadn't received their CD. I wouldn't use them now, I just wish there were some other sites which did ship to the USA.

Salem is going over to the USA for a music business showcase at the end of April so maybe that will get things going and Salem will eventually get his music released in the USA.

Yes I can't wait for the trip!! Only 19 days now till I go, the countdown is on and I'm so excited. You'll hear a lot more from me about it.